In May 2017, The Guardian reported that middle-income households in some of America’s major cities are shrinking, and not because an increasing number of people are becoming more affluent. According to The New York Times, consumer debt rose to $12.73 trillion in the first quarter of 2017, exceeding its peak in the third quarter of 2008. Despite the belief that the increase in debt means that a considerable number of Americans have recovered enough from the economic downturn that they are in a position to qualify for loans, the rise in debt also potentially signals that families are using debt to pay for things that their incomes cannot support. These factors underpin the importance of making good financial decisions, and more specifically, learning to make wiser investment choices – from 401k pension plans to acquiring lucrative assets.
Investments involve placing money into schemes, shares, property, or ventures that have a high probability of rendering a profit. We don’t all possess the knowledge and skills required to make sound investment choices, but thanks to the internet, we no longer have to rely solely on others to protect our financial stability. The benefit of training employees in making better investment decisions is that they might start to think differently about their hard-earned income, thereby alleviating potential financial pressure which might have an impact on their work performance and age of retirement.
This blog features courses by Investanalitix, an institutional investment research and consulting company. They believe that well-informed investors are more likely to make competent, effective investment decisions; which is why they place an emphasis on investment education and training.
Among the Investanalitix training modules available on Coggno are:
• Understanding Investing: A Guided Tour
> This module gives learners a free overview of what they can expect from the Investanalitix course structure and content.
• Understanding Investing – The Standard Package (UI)*
• Understanding Investing – The Nuts-n-bolts Package (UI+)*
• Station 1: Understanding Risk & Return (UI)*
• Station 1: Understanding Risk & Return (UI+)*
• Station 2: Understanding Risk Profiling (UI)*
• Station 2: Understanding Risk Profiling (UI+)*
• Station 3: Understanding Diversification (UI)*
• Station 3: Understanding Diversification (UI+)*
• Station 4: Understanding Asset Classes (UI)*
• Station 4: Understanding Asset Classes (UI+)*
• Station 5: Understanding Portfolio Construction (UI)*
• Station 5: Understanding Portfolio Construction (UI+)*
• Station 6: Understanding The Magic Black Box (UI)*
• Station 6: Understanding The Magic Black Box (UI+)*
Take the free Financial Literacy Quiz, featuring 20 questions to assess your employees’ level financial literacy. It takes only 20 minutes and is a useful starting point to determine the type of intervention or level of training they would require to become more investment savvy.
*30% OFF, valid thru Nov. 9th, 2017
Get the eBook here